The Best Performers of 2019 -HedgeNordic
By EUGENIU GUZUN 23/01/2020
Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – In 2019, Nordic hedge funds had their best year in the past five years after the industry endured the second-worst year on record in 2018. The Nordic Hedge Index, which currently includes 160 funds, gained 5.3 percent last year, reflecting the aggregate performance of both up-and-running hedge funds and already-defunct funds. The up-and-running members of the Nordic Hedge Index, meanwhile, returned 6.4 percent on average in 2019.
The performance of Nordic hedge funds in 2019 marked a significant improvement after several years of muted returns. Multi-strategy hedge funds were last year’s best-performing strategy group in the Nordic Hedge Index, yet equity hedge funds dominated the list of best performers. Alcur Select’s 51.4 percent return placed the fund managed by Wilhelm Gruvberg first on the list of top performers. HedgeNordic interviewed last year’s top five performers to find out more about their 2019 journeys. Read the stories of last year’s best performers by clicking the links below.
1. Alcur Select (51.4 percent): Alcur Select Bagged the Top Spot
2. Proxy Renewable Long/Short Energy (45.9 percent): First Year, Second Best Performer
3. Accendo (45.6 percent): Keeping the Sleeves Rolled Up
4. Symmetry Invest (44.4 percent): A Stunning Year on Most Fronts
5. Rhenman Healthcare L/S Equity (40.1 percent): Keep Calm and Carry On